Saturday 10 December 2011

Vintage Styling




I am IN LOVE with this jacket!!!! Love it love it love it! I've used this quite a lot in the styling because it goes with everything and it's a really great shape. It's a simple colour but the shape is very distinctive and a great alternative to a collared blazer. I've rolled the sleeves up as I like the look it creates, it's got a bit of a dynasty feel to it! The polka dot top underneath was originally a dress that Jess cut up, and I really love what she's done with it. It's a great little top for the summer with some denim high waisted shorts but i've styled it here for more of an evening look. Ideally I would pair it with something higher waisted than the sequin hotpants so she doesn't freeze to death but for the purposes of this blog it's a good look on her. The jacket keeps the sequin hotpants a little more demure and the loose fit of the cropped top is a suitable contrast to the tight shorts. I don't think much jewellery is required for this look as the colours go so well too much jewellery would ruin the effect but perhaps some statement earrings or a short pearl necklace would be in keeping with the vintage feel. You could also style this with some high waisted jeans for a more casual look or some high waisted peg leg trousers and heels for an alternative evening look :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment