Thursday 1 December 2011

Vintage Styling!!!!!

Ok so this is going to be one of my favourite pieces to blog about! My lovely friend Jess has some beautiful vintage pieces that she wanted some tips on how to style so we had a little photoshoot in her (absolutely lovely) bedroom and I will be posting a few images each day over the next few days, here goes....






So the top two pictures are a couple of different ways to style this gorgeous maroon cardigan. I love this cardigan, the colour is great, especially for the festive season, and it looks really good with the black vest dress (H&M) as the contrast between the tight dress and the textured cardi really complement eachother. I also styled it with my cream lace dress (also H&M!) as its nice and girly and the colours work really well together. The black knee boots also add a really 60's feel to the outfit and are great for keeping your legs warm in the winter!

Next to this fantastic beaded top which is a very popular look this season. As the top is a loose, casual fit, I styled it with my sequin hotpants for a going out look. I love sequin hotpants but I always get a bit nervous wearing them as they are so revealing but this works perfectly, the top is loose which contrasts against the hotpants and keeps Jess's chest covered up so there isn't too much on show!! I think she looks gorgeous in this outfit and I am now on the hunt for a top like this to wear with my hotpants!

Last look for today is a nice daytime look. Jess's vintage coat is very casual so it wouldn't work for a smart event but looks great with a simple pair of leggings, a t-shirt and ankle boots for a wintry feel! Add a wooly scarf and hat to complete the look :-)

That's it for today so keep checking back for some more gorgeous vintage pieces! Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment