Saturday 18 June 2011

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pottermore.com/

Can it be so???? According to newspaper reports, and this website, we can expect in 5 days time to find out what this is all about. But I think it's safe to say J K Rowling and the wizarding world are still very much together and I for one am very intrigued as to what she's planning to give us next.
The Harry Potter franchise, which is generating 2.5 billion, has been one of the biggest successes of our generation and it is no mean feat that she is planning to continue this. There has been a lot of speculation about what we can expect and all I can say is she better not disappoint.
I am a huge fan of the books and the films, although the books are miles better, and my biggest worry about this is that it won't be able to compete with what she's already given us. There are so many die-hard fans of the series that she really does have a lot to live up to. According to Daniel Radcliffe, Rowling sent him a message promising him no more and that she had put the character to bed. So we can assume any new venture does not involve Harry and how can she truly keep the Harry Potter magic alive without him?
There has been much speculation over what she is doing next, many fans are eager for her to bring out an encyclopaedia, others want the Hogwarts story to continue, some want more along the lines of her spin offs such as The Tales of Beedle the Bard. I really don't know what I want it to be, honestly I could carry on where the books have left off and be very happy. I'm not one for change when it comes to things like this because I get so into it, especially after so many books, you start to feel involved with the characters and many people don't want to let that go.
Having said all that, Rowling is a genuis and having created the magical world of Harry Potter that so many of us love, she's more than capable of doing it all over again if she wanted! I really hope this lives up to expectations or this could be a disastrous way to end something so iconic.

No comments:

Post a Comment